Used Instruments for Sale
I am often asked how I acquire the used instruments I have. Here are the top few answers:
- From existing customers who are trading in instruments to purchase something new.
- When a clarinet cracks and the owner wishes to replace the joint under warranty and sell the instrument once it has been repaired to buy another. ( This often means that the joint that cracks DOES have a warranty!)
- Occassionally from a new customer who contacts me and wishes to sell their instrument.
About the Clarinets I accept to sell or buy:
- If the clarinet has not been steadily played, to ensure it will not crack, I am not interested in purchasing or selling it. Therefore, all the instruments I have for sale have been steadily played and are very unlikely to crack. This is important to know when buying a used instrument because they do not come with a warranty.
- The clarinet must meet my level of expectation as a quality instrument to sell in terms of it playing characteristics, mechanical durability and appearance.
- I do complete the same level of set up work to used instruments I sell as I do for new instrument. The instruments I buy must be in excellent playing condition or the owner of the instrument selling it must agree to pay for the work needed to insure it is in excellent playing condition. Anybody buying a used clarinet deserves an instrument in good condition.
- The clarinets I primarily sell are professional models therefore, while I have some lower level student instruments, I am not mostly interested in purchasing instruments of this quality.
Used Instruments for sale as of 5/22/13
In search of more worthy trade-ins! Always!
Please call or email to inquire if the instruments on this list are still available. I will do my best to keep this list current, however I take in instruments weekly so things are constantly being added and sold. Every instrument I have you can try on a two week approval.
- Buffet R13 A, 169XXX, nice even A with a nice amount to blow against. Focuses well and has never cracked. Comes with a Leblanc double case and cover. $1600.00
- Prestige RC A greenline 453XXX, even, dark, free blowing, full round shape of sound. $4000.00